by Stormavik Sun 4 May 2014 - 17:39

» ****OSC CLUB MEMBERSHIP AND SUBSCRIPTION NOW OPEN!****
by ReCoiL Mon 17 Mar 2014 - 11:39

» Step 1- Adding sprues
by Morgardee Sun 20 Oct 2013 - 10:52

» Dreadnok Siblings Zartan, Zandar and Zarana
by Stormavik Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 20:08

Share | 

SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jaimanstone
Admin

PostSubject: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Wed 3 Aug 2011 - 15:59

http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/

Check out the Special Edition #3!
Back to top Go down
cyko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Wed 3 Aug 2011 - 20:37

My take-away: they're "waaaay past the sculpting stage on all the figures" and "in tooling by now for all the figures and most of the vehicles." Regardless of the roll-out date, that gives me a good feeling that the development is very concrete.
Back to top Go down
cmderinchief

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Thu 4 Aug 2011 - 0:16

Thanks for listening!!
Back to top Go down
http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com
Nova

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Thu 4 Aug 2011 - 1:12

A lot of hype, and very little content. I suppose it will sate the hunger of Hisstank for a day.
Back to top Go down
dantedmc37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Thu 4 Aug 2011 - 11:47

Great show guys! Cant wait for SKO! Chris was awesome the way he answered the smarmy questions of todays ME snobs! You'll see the'll all be jumping on the O-Ring bandwagon soon! Thanks to the WOJM crew for the exclusive info!
Back to top Go down
cmderinchief

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 19:58

You are welcome! Glad you liked it!
Back to top Go down
Charade

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 4:23

Firstly, I just want to put it out there that I LOVE WOJM. You guys put out a great podcast, and it's quickly become my #1 source for Joe-related info.

But I have to ask...did no one else think it that Chris's response to whether SK Omega's footpegs would be compatible with ARAH vs. ME was odd? If I heard him correctly, he said that he really hasn't thought about that. Really? Anyone who's bought a new figure in the past 5 years is aware of the incompatibility between the two version. They haven't considered that yet? I know they have a lot on their mind right now, but still....

One the plus side, I didn't realize that Ron Rudat and Guy Cassaday were involved. That is truly amazing news.

This is an open question for the board, because I sincerely admit my ignorance and I know many of you can explain it: What does it mean to "sculpt" a figure versus what does it mean to "tool" a figure?

Back to top Go down
wizgillar

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 6:31

Please oh please let the footpegs be sized for vintage. If they are as old school as they claim, they would go with vintage size and say screw the ME. Otherwise, what's the point of going all out with o-ring old school if you are just going to make your vehicles fit the new monstrosities.
Back to top Go down
dantedmc37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 8:24

The coolest thing that they could do is make the figures with both the classic sized peg hole and a ME slimmer peg hole next to it on the bottom of the foot and have both peg sizes on the vehicles. That way Joe's from all era's can enjoy the cool new vehicles and bases from SKO. The SKO guys will have both hole sizes on there foot so they will have the option to roll in any era Joe vehicles too.
Back to top Go down
Nova

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 14:23

Charade wrote:
This is an open question for the board, because I sincerely admit my ignorance and I know many of you can explain it: What does it mean to "sculpt" a figure versus what does it mean to "tool" a figure?

If you haven't yet, I recommend you read this article by Shane Turgeon Making Joe – A Comprehensive Look at How GI Joes Were Produced (1982-1994)

But the simple answer is when you "sculpt" a figure you're taking it from the 2D drawings to a 3D scupture...in the case of GI JOE/SK Omega this will be making a 2-up figure.

When you "tool" a figure you're taking a copy of your sculpt...the 3D figure and cutting steel molds for production.
Back to top Go down
Nova

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 14:34

For Foot pegs, I think the best option would be to just have both sizes on the Vehicles.

Give the SK Omega figures the same foot peg size as vintage joe. and sprinkle in a few modern size pegs so Star Wars, and modern Joe can use the vehicles.
Back to top Go down
RAMBO

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 17:03

Swivel wrists please!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46234368@N06/
Charade

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 21:47

Nova wrote:

If you haven't yet, I recommend you read this article by Shane Turgeon Making Joe – A Comprehensive Look at How GI Joes Were Produced (1982-1994)

Thanks for the link, Nova. I'll check it out.

Back to top Go down
keenan

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 11:10

Really looking forward to some pics.
Back to top Go down
http://keenansendofdays.blogspot.com/
jaimanstone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 19:00

I say absolutely NOT to do two peg sizes. The ONLY pegs, in my opinion, should be those that go with SK OMEGA figures as this is not a GI JOE line, but SK Omega.

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd sat that the SK foot holes will magically match the ARAH holes.
Back to top Go down
5h4rK

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 20:09

jaimanstone wrote:
If I had to make an educated guess, I'd sat that the SK foot holes will magically match the ARAH holes.

That's exactly what I think too..

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 0:23

Charade wrote:
But I have to ask...did no one else think it that Chris's response to whether SK Omega's footpegs would be compatible with ARAH vs. ME was odd? If I heard him correctly, he said that he really hasn't thought about that. Really? Anyone who's bought a new figure in the past 5 years is aware of the incompatibility between the two version. They haven't considered that yet? I know they have a lot on their mind right now, but still....

I also prefer the bigger vintage hole. BUT, what I really want is that line to be successful. So if that means supporting both peg size, I can live with that. If I were them, I would make one foot compatible with vintage peg and the other with modern. As for vehicles, I would make both style one beside the other.

That way, it would give them more customers (greater demand) and larger production. Everybody would win.

Martin
Back to top Go down
The Doc

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Mon 19 Sep 2011 - 3:52

So when are we ever going to get some actual SOLID information from them?

The official website has been saying "Coming Soon" for five months

Molten Monkey Int
Back to top Go down
jaimanstone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Mon 19 Sep 2011 - 9:00

The Doc wrote:
So when are we ever going to get some actual SOLID information from them?

The official website has been saying "Coming Soon" for five months

Molten Monkey Int

Did you listen to the interview? I think Chris explained it pretty well.
Back to top Go down
The Doc

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 0:02

I listened. I just want to see SOLID three dimensional evidence. Sculpts. Test shots.
Back to top Go down
ReCoiL

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 16:43

Do we have more news of this project DONE? The truth is that once lifted quite a stir in Spain, as collectors here (in Spain) who collect Gi joe Arah, we were very excited, but that was 2 years ago, do we know anything about it? sincerely hope does not disappoint.

A greeting and thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
The Doc

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 17:22

Nope. Absolutely nothing
Back to top Go down
cmderinchief

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 23:54

No new news, but I do know the project moves forward.
Back to top Go down
The Doc

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 3:57

Watch this be like Duke Nukem Forever and take 12 years
Back to top Go down
5h4rK

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 1:14

The Doc wrote:
Watch this be like Duke Nukem Forever and take 12 years

I hope not.. I'm still saving some $$$ for that line!

PostSubject: Re: SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!   

Back to top Go down

SK Omega Interview on What's on Joe Mind!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next